Health Value Design® Ecosystem Strategy and Co-Creation Framework
Created by Chris Lawer, Umio Founder
Health Value Design® is our ecosystem strategy, innovation and design framework for co-creating advanced value in health and care.
It helps health and medical technology companies, care providers and policymakers to:
- Acquire an expansive ecosystem perspective on co-creation, design and value
- Sense, quantify and model novel opportunities for systemic adaptation, growth and transformation
- Conceive of, and evidence a portfolio of new value propositions
- Design high-powered, emergent ecosystem strategies
- Scope and co-create ecosystem interventions of all kinds prior to making major commitments in funding or other resources
- Build, evolve and lead ecosystem-aligned organisations, teams and practices that do all the above repeatedly
Health Value Design® has been deployed in numerous complex health and care ecosystem contexts. These include obesity, infection prevention, diabetes, diabetic foot, surgical, elderly care, mental health, neonatal complications and in multiple long-term chronic conditions (see our example projects).
Through ongoing adaptation, Health Value Design® has evolved into the advanced strategic ecosystem framework we use today.
The framework consist of four components: Framing, Functioning, Structure and Adaptation. These are summarised in the images below. Click on each for an expanded view in pdf (registration required).
1. FRAMING A HEALTH AND CARE ECOSYSTEM (CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD)
2. FUNCTIONING OF A HEALTH AND CARE ECOSYSTEM (CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD)
3. STRUCTURE OF A HEALTH AND CARE ECOSYSTEM (CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD)
4. ADAPTATION AND VALUE EVOLUTION IN A HEALTH AND CARE ECOSYSTEM (CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD)
To learn more about the framework, download the introduction to Health Value Design®
To discuss your health strategy and design challenges and opportunities, and to arrange an introduction to Umio, please contact us on + 44(0) 1295 724 539, via firstname.lastname@example.org or by using this contact form.